Who said you could only treat you and your other age-appropriate comrades to a refreshing margarita when you all go out? With this recipe, you’ll have a delicious cocktail to serve to yourself and others in MINUTES.
I don’t have all the makings in our car we live out of like I would as if I were at home. I still enjoy making us a drink to sip on while we sit and enjoy the view. It’s cost effective, hits the spot, and takes only minutes to make.
6 oz Espolón tequila blanco
11 oz Jose Curevo Traditional Margarita Mix
8 oz crushed ice
salt for rim, optional
Yields: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
- Run your serving glasses under water just long enough to wet the rims. Salt the rims of your serving glasses, optional. Place the glasses in the freezer to keep cool and refreshing for when you serve your cocktails.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice from half of a lime. Place lime juice into your cocktail mixer (or whatever you plan on mixing your margarita with).
- Measure tequila and margarita mix and pour into the shaker. Then add your freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Add your crushed ice to the contents in the mixer.
- Mix 10-14 times (up and down).
- Remove glasses from the freezer.
- Pour your mixture into the tequila serving glasses.
- Cut up the remaining lime wedges to add as a garnish. Serve.
It’s very basic and easy to make! I love making these margaritas when time is not on our side. When you follow this recipe to a T, the cocktail is rather sweet and very easy to drink! If you want something a little stronger, add 7 oz of tequila and stick with your 11 oz of the mix. Either way you choose, I can promise you a delicious drink!
Comment below to let me know how you like it. Thank you!